Relationships are wonderful when they’re working, and excruciating when they’re not. Warmth and intimacy turn to frustration, and conflict erupts. Or maybe there’s just tears and silence as you drift apart. You wonder, “Can we ever feel close again?”
Yes, you can! It’s normal for relationships to get stuck, but stuck doesn’t mean broken. Some experienced guidance and a bit of encouragement will get you back on track.
What to expect from our work together
- Quick progress. The sooner your relationship warms up, the better. We won’t dwell on your history or childhood — just on what you need to do to turn things around.
- A focus on the positive. Slogging through problems makes them feel bigger. Instead, we’ll use your strengths to take practical steps toward the shared future you long for.
- Experience and expertise. Most counselors focus on individuals, and see a few couples on the side. Relationships are all I do, and you’ll appreciate the difference.
- Acceptance. People in pain do hurtful things. Blame and shame just keep you stuck. The question isn’t “Who’s right?” but “How do we make this work?”
- Structure. Partners disagree–that’s normal. But when things feel out of control, productive talks become impossible. Here, all you have to say will be safely heard.
- Support to stick it out. You’re together for a reason, even if it’s sometimes hard to remember why. Outside optimism is important till you get back on your feet.
Let’s get started!
Call me at 617-969-8869 for a free consultation about how your relationship can once again feel warm and intimate. My practice is by video for now. You can connect from any computer, tablet or cell phone in privacy and safety. We’re all in this together.