“How can we feel close again?”
Relationships are wonderful when they’re working, and excruciating when they’re not. Warmth and intimacy turn to frustration, and conflict erupts. Or maybe there’s no fighting, just tears and silence as you drift apart. You wonder, “Can we ever connect again?”
Yes, you can. Relationships get stuck, but stuck doesn’t mean broken. Often all it takes is some experienced guidance and a bit of encouragement to get you back on track.
What to expect when you work with me
- A focus on quick progress. You’re hurting. Why suffer a moment longer than necessary? You want to feel better, and you want to feel better soon.
- A customized approach. Counseling shouldn’t be “one size fits all.” Your feedback each session will guide us, so you get the help that’s just right for you.
- No blame. You’re each doing the best you can. There are no bad guys to be found, just partners who’ve forgotten how to be on the same side.
- No shame. People in pain do hurtful things. You won’t be judged or ganged up on. The question isn’t “Who’s right?” but “How do we make this work?”
- Support to stick it out. You’re together for a reason. Pain and fear make it hard to remember why. Outside optimism is important until you find your feet again.
- A safe space. Partners disagree–that’s normal. But when difference feels frightening, simple discussions can become heated fights. Here, all you have to say will be heard.
Let’s get started!
Call me at 617-969-8869 for a free consultation about how your relationship can feel close and connected.